Are you planning on getting Medicare benefits but aren’t sure whether you’re eligible or not? Well, you’re in the right place. Here at Generations Insurance, we strive to help in understanding everything there is to know regarding Medicare. Here we will discuss what makes a person eligible to receive Medicare benefits.
As you might know, Medicare is a federal insurance program designed to help senior citizens in the United States of America. This program covers important and necessary costs one must bear alone to receive treatment and medical attention. This insurance program aims to help a patient receive medical assistance regardless of their income.
When it comes to private insurance companies, you can go ahead and buy the coverage you want. However, in federal insurance programs such as Medicare, there are certain requirements. It is important to know when you become eligible for Medicare because you don’t want to miss the window of enrollment.
- Age: As Medicare mainly focuses on providing senior citizens of America with health insurance benefits and coverage, a patient must be 65 or above to receive Medicare. However, there are some cases where an individual may receive Medicare before 65. For instance, if you plan on getting Medicare at the age of 62, you need to meet at least one of the following criteria.
- Already been on Social Security Disability Insurance for two years
- Suffering from critical conditions such as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Citizenship: When it comes to receiving Medicare benefits and coverage, one must be an American citizen or have five years of permanent residency.
- Disease: In some severe cases where you don’t fit in the eligibility requirement, you still might receive Medicare, depending on your situation.
- Other Factors: You may receive a Medicare premium package without paying for it if you are already receiving retirement benefits from SS or railroad retirement board. You may also receive Medicare if you’re eligible for SS or Railroad benefits but haven’t signed up for them. Other than this, you may still receive Medicare if your spouse has worked as a government employee and has paid Medicare taxes.
Let Medicare Experts at Generations Insurance help you.
Senior citizens looking for insurance programs always face difficulty determining which program they may be eligible for or the best for them. Therefore, it is always a good idea to seek advice from professionals. That is why we at Generations Insurance are here to answer all your questions and concerns. If you still have any confusion about eligibility for Medicare or have any other questions regarding Medicare, give us a call.
Start Your free Quote Today