The Medicare Part D Extra Help program is designed to give further assistance to Medicare beneficiaries to allow them to afford needed medications.
Eligibility for the program in the counties of Ada, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, and Payette are the same as for all other Idaho residents.
What Does Extra Help Do?
If you are enrolled in Medicare Part D, which covers prescription drugs, Extra Help works with your Part D plan to ensure that you never pay more than $3.70 for a generic drug or $9.20 for a brand-name drug.
How Do I Know I’m Eligible?
There are several ways. If you have any of the following, you are eligible:
• A purple notice from Medicare telling you you’re eligible.
• A yellow or green automatic enrollment notice from Medicare.
• An “extra help” notice of award from Social Security.
• Your award letter from Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
• A bill or a print-out from a nursing home or the state Medicaid system that shows you stayed in a nursing home at least one month.
• A document from your state that shows you have Medicaid and are receiving home or community-based services.
• Your Medicaid card.
• Any other document from your state that shows you have Medicaid.
How Do I Make Sure I’m Enrolled?
Contact your Part D plan and make sure that they are aware that you are eligible. Send them a copy of one of the above documents if they request it and make sure that you inform them if you will need a drug refill in the next few weeks.
At Generations Insurance, we want to make sure you’re getting the coverage you absolutely deserve. If you live in the counties of Ada, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, and Payette in Idaho, then reach out to us today! We will help you determine your eligibility for the Part D Extra Help Program.
Start Your free Quote Today